4. Me Time. No time to think about those emails, your spouse, your kids or what’s going on in the world….Carving out time to just focus on yourself makes you a better person, puts life into perspective and leaves you ready to tackle the world.
5. Time to Breathe. Mindful breath work can make amazing changes in how your body feels, can relieve stress and can give you a sense of connectedness to yourself.
6. I already signed up.
7. Setting an example for my loved ones. Whether it’s your kids, your spouse or your friends, you know they are watching. When you make a commitment to your own health they are much more likely to do the same!
8. I like my Pilates instructor and do enjoy the sessions once I get there! It’s important to have a teacher who you connect with, who inspires you, and knows how to make you laugh and have fun while you’re moving. When you have that connection makes it easier to convince yourself to get to the studio, even on those days when you really don’t feel like it!
9. Working Level. One of the things I love about Pilates is my ability to do it on my own level on any given day. Having instructors who encourage you to work at the appropriate level allows me to feel safe that even on days I’m not feeling like I can give 110%. I can still get a safe, effective workout in without feeling like I’m a failure!
10. “Patience and Persistence are vital qualities in the ultimate successful accomplishment of any worthwhile endeavor.” ~ Joseph H. Pilates (You can’t argue with Joe. Showing up on a regular basis is an important part of maintaining a healthy, balanced life)
If you’re like me and sometimes need a little extra motivation or reminder of why not to listen to my excuses I hope this list helps! Feel free to print it and put it on your refrigerator or your bathroom mirror.